Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 23:10

LiquidWax

Post your evidence of a cheater in here.

Re: LiquidWax

Postby Zion » 17 Mar 2010, 23:37

Ok. Now Im not one to bother myself with childish shit but this guy is spoiling the game for others

I recorded him as well. One from his pov and one from mine where he actually denies it and then tries to tell people Im the one using an aimbot.

This is actually rather amusing.

http://www.2shared.com/file/12192948/3ec9c24/LiquidWaxPOV.html

http://www.2shared.com/file/12192967/a165e337/mypov.html
Zion

Quake Live Nick: Z1On

Postby Peekay » 18 Mar 2010, 00:31

Surely there must be more that can be done to get his account closed? Given he'll just open a new one. But still...
Head Honcho.
Peekay

Quake Live Nick: peekay_za
Clan Tag: DKC

Postby fnx_za » 18 Mar 2010, 07:08

saw this guy online 2 nights ago, I tuned him and refused to play him.
fnx_za

Quake Live Nick: fnx_za
Clan Tag: xTc

Postby pacman » 18 Mar 2010, 08:53

how are there even aimbots for a BETA version of the game .. ID need to get their fkn shit sorted before they take quakelive .. live >.>
pacman

Quake Live Nick: pacmanza

Postby Zion » 18 Mar 2010, 10:33

Ive played with an addon on World of warcraft to help you with a fishing profession and I found a addon that runs outside the game that makes your mouse move automatically to a specfic color on the screen. It was actually quite effective.

Now thanks to that ad-don I find it quite amazing how simple it is to create something like an aimbot. I haven't done it myself due to the fact that I'm not experienced in such low level coding and I'm not going to spoil a game like Quake for myself. but here's a very simple idea for an aimbot and Im guessing quite a few aimbots work this way.

You basically change you graphic settings to low so that everything is that shitty brown or grey color. Then you make your opponent a very unique color. With an external app running you specify in that app what color to lock on to and by the press of a button your mouse cursor jumps to that color if it is on screen. So all you do now is you bind that same key to "fire" in-game and well yeah. 100% accuracy is possible. If you think about it it is cheating but there is nothing ID software can do about it cos its technically not illegal due to the fact that its not an INGAME cheat. its still seen as an external application

Now what pisses me off is the fact that guys actually use this to compete on a professional level. I honestly do not see the point. Your game gets worse while you just piss off your opponent and make them try harder. So what you are doing is just making everyone else better and screwing up your own skill, IF YOU EVEN HAVE ANY.

The aimbot used by LiquidWax is a bit different. That actually locks onto your character location. These kind of aimbots actually retrieve information from quake. So that In my opinion should actually be banned and maybe even be seen as criminal. Some of these addons attach themselves to the game in such a way that basically changes the game. if you go and read the EULA of most games, I'm sure Quake is the same, it is illegal to change any code of the game without permission. Quake is the property of ID software so technically, IN MY OPINION, ID software can sue the living shit out of anyone who uses an aimbot that attaches itself to the game.

Besides the fact that its unfair, cheating, unsporting, screwed up and pathetic, its just a really stupid way of spoiling something people enjoy.

All of this is useless knowledge really but its something to think about i guess. Lets hope that Liquidwax grows up or something.

Oh and I'm a programmer. My knowledge in this comes from that. I have never used or tried an aimbot in any FPS. I don't see the point and I have a really bad competitive side to me. I want to better myself all the way. I don't need or want an application, object or anything of the like to help me in that way. Because lets face it. An aimbot, wall hack or whatever doesnt help anyone
Last edited by Zion on 18 Mar 2010, 13:47, edited 3 times in total.
Zion

Postby pacman » 18 Mar 2010, 13:18

I have always wondered how aimbots actually work.

Thanks for the insight Zion. Lets hope no more toons decide to rock up with their " I win " apps.

Personally I have always wondered why people cheat in online games. I actually dont see the point. If they want to get better, they cant with an external app helping you. If they just want to seem like they very good players online, they wasting their time as we all know the "proving grounds" is on LAN. And if you get caught cheating on LAN, im sure your going to get a decent moering.

I cannot see any possible gain to cheating. All it does is piss other people off, and if thats the purpose, then they just a sad excuse for being alive :/

i hope all hackers die in a fire ! :evil:
pacman

Quake Live Nick: pacmanza

Postby supertramp » 18 Mar 2010, 13:47

Zion wrote:... You basically change you graphic settings to low so that everything is that shitty brown or grey color. Then you make your opponent a very unique color. With an external app running you specify in that app what color to lock on to and by the press of a button your mouse cursor jumps to that color if it is on screen. So all you do now is you bind that same key to "fire" ingame and well yeah. 100% accuracy is possible. If you think about it it is cheating but there is nothing ID software can do about it cos its technically not illegal due to the fact that its not an INGAME cheat. its still seen as an external application

Now what pisses me off is the fact that guys actually use this to compete on a professional level. I honestly do not see the point. Your game gets worse while you just piss off your opponent and make them try harder. So what you are doing is just making everyone else better and screwing up your own skill, IF YOU EVEN HAVE ANY.

The aimbot used by LiquidWax is a bit different. That actually locks onto your character location. These kind of aimbots actually retrieve information from quake. So that In my opinion should actually be banned and maybe even be seen as criminal. Some of these addons attach themselves to the game in such a way that basically changes the game. if you go and read the EULA of most games, I'm sure Quake is the same, it is illegal to change or alter any code of the game without permission. Quake is the property of ID software so technically, IN MY OPINION, ID software can sue the living shit out of anyone who uses an aimbot that attaches itself to the game.

Um, no aimbot that I know of locks on to colours...and NO Professionals use any hack to play Quake..not quite sure where you heard that. Lowering Picmmip and Brightskins is not a hack. All aimbots from my experience (and yes I have used them on private servers in Q3 to see them in action) are external programs which usually hook into a .dll. This is hacking BECAUSE its not part of the game...and it's against the T&C of QuakeLive. That's what PB is there to prevent (even though its shit) and thats why they do ban when you're caught.

The hack I used in my testing, you could have a number of options from Wallhacks(seeing through walls), Aimbot (targets and locks onto nearest player when you hold a key), Auto shoot (shoots when your crosshair goes over a target without locking on), Player Radar and a few other things. Now hacking isn't as prevailent in QL...but I see most of the newer hacks have these features and a few more...along with something that tries to mimic human aim..slower smoother etc.

Problem with this kinda thing is that every noob and his aunty gets paranoid and starts calling good players hackers becuase they are owning.

PS - Liquid was blatant and obvious...if someone sent the demos into the correct quakelive channels his account will be banned.
supertramp

Quake Live Nick: supertramp

Postby Zion » 18 Mar 2010, 13:54

I know about those aimbots

Those that lock onto colors are the most simplest forms of aimbots. I have seen quite a few of them. Very simple to use.
Basically all that happens is when you see a guy on screen you press the bound button for that app and your mouse cursor locks onto that color(player). I have actually seen a guy use one in a comp. Thats how it all started. But it wasn't enough. People wanted to track players as well and from there it just went downhill. You even get addons that predicts where to shoot a rocket to hit a guy while he is moving. You get all kinds of crap.

I know about the more sophisticated ones that hack into your data link libraries etc. Its technically illegal and the only way they usually get those apps running is by reverse engineering the game to find out how and where they can retrieve and alter information. PB is there to prevent it but it can't detect the ones that work on color because in no way does it ever link to quake. Its a very tricky subject as well.

There are many different ways to hack into a game. I just spoke about the more common ones and ways to do it. The worse one ive seen is where a guy teleports to a player. Telefrag for fun. Thank god they sorted that issue out with updates
Zion

Postby linkin » 18 Mar 2010, 15:52

supertramp wrote:PS - Liquid was blatant and obvious...if someone sent the demos into the correct quakelive channels his account will be banned.

According to the quakelive site, you need to email the demo of the cheater to support@quakelive.com. And thats exactly what i did, so hopefully they will do something.
linkin
Site Admin

Quake Live Nick: linkinZA

Postby supertramp » 18 Mar 2010, 16:43

Zion wrote:... and your mouse cursor locks onto that color(player)...

Ah I misunderstood your meaning. You're speaking of a seperate program that would lock onto a displayed colour even outside of quake.

Yeah...that is sneaky, but I doubt that would go undetected if viewed.

Sigh, unfortunately...this shit will always happen, some people just have to be "good".

PS - Good job linkin.
supertramp

Quake Live Nick: supertramp

Previous

Return to Cheaters