Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently 28 Jul 2017, 17:03

PART 1) ABOUT CHEATING IN SA

Post your evidence of a cheater in here.

PART 1) ABOUT CHEATING IN SA

Postby xTc.M4nimal » 21 May 2013, 09:44

Part 2 here

M4nimal
Hey SE, thanks for speccing our game the other night, was an honour to have you there :)

SyncError
np, it was fun watching.

M4nimal
I know ur a busy man, when you have a moment, I'd really like to discuss 2 issues with you that we face here in south africa...

SyncError
Players being banned...
..and players being banned?

M4nimal
hehe, thats one of the items yes.. but i dont want to complain about it, just wanna clarify the correct procedure, cos players getting banned are hitting a brick wall when looking for support and explanations

SyncError
Yeah
One really interesting thing has been that everyone getting banned has been complaining of being 'setup' by others in the community.
and that we're banning everyone who is getting reported for cheating.
To that note, we're not banning ANY of these players based off of abuse reports.
I don't even think anyone has complained about the players who did get banned.

M4nimal
people are suspecting this is happening, but were not sure, there are a lot of people who hold grudges

SyncError
They were banned entirely because we detected them as cheating.

M4nimal
ok thats interesting, I didnt know that

SyncError
And we've even ignored early detections for all the users -- only banning them after we've detected them several times.
And even then, we've often waited until we have caught them using both wall hacks and aimbots.

M4nimal
is teamspeak classified as cheating?

SyncError
No, of course not.
We're only talking about actual cheats.
Wallhacks, aimbots, item timers that are hooking our game, etc.
We are very confident that everyone we've banned has used a cheat, regardless of whether its 'in their character'.

M4nimal
ok great, cos we were worried about that when you logged onto the clan match LOL

SyncError
:p
We encourage people TeamSpeak/Vent/Mumble, etc.

M4nimal
is it at all possible to clarify why a certain player was banned?
reason I ask is cos it "could be" other software installed on the users machine thats triggering the alerts on your side?

SyncError
No, we try not to do that, because it gives cheaters great insight into what we've detected.
More so, perhaps giving them insight into anything that we may not be detecting.
Which is why we often generalize and just note that a third party cheating tool has been used in some fashion.

M4nimal
ok fair enough, we dont want to encourage the hack community, totally understand

SyncError
We have much more info, but sharing it only does us harm in detecting future violators.
Again, a lot of the players claiming that we're unjustly banned them have been caught not just using a cheat
but multiple types of cheats.

M4nimal
Thanks for clarifying everything
xTc.M4nimal
Site Admin

Quake Live Nick: M4nimal
Clan Tag: xTc

Re: PART 1) ABOUT CHEATING IN SA

Postby saturnz » 22 May 2013, 16:21

This certainly doesn't explain how j4x was banned, I seriously doubt he consistently cheated as is suggested here.

On a different note a doom2013 was banned while I was playing him. Once again I'm not sure how well the cheats work because I beat him and I'm far from strong. Nevertheless he spawns a few hours later with doom2014 and now is also using other aliases. Whats the point in banning nicks if the users can still play?
saturnz

Quake Live Nick: saturnz

Postby NOOBz » 23 May 2013, 12:55

Yeh I was banned. ID did not want to tell me why, but I guess it was because of spamming/flooding ;); certainly not because of hacking (I've never hacked and never will period)

After a short conversation with Sasparillo the ban was reversed though ;)

Something that I did learn though is that they know about all alt accounts you have. I had 3 accounts in total (j4x, a55h0l3_456 and another one i created after the ban).

They told me, that they unbanned 2 accounts except the a55h0l3_456 one.

So, a reason for the bans could also be due to people having more than 2 accounts and not neccessarily due the use of any 'hax'

/J
NOOBz

Quake Live Nick: J4X
Clan Tag: oTc

Postby Penetrator » 12 Jun 2013, 00:10

fuck syncerrors bullshit lies... jax... had pro ... mcfloppin... I had pro... goat and jane. It's a scam ..... for reals... synerror should be nick human error... support the new open collaboration effort in the cloud... see meatys fb ... with all the subs paid or atleast one sub it could fund a years virtual hosting ... and the rest could be plowed into competitions, instead of humanerrors bullshit ....I didnot cheat... I offered a review of my system... whereby they can inspect it remotely not a word from cyber thieves... bullshit humanerror
Penetrator

Quake Live Nick: PenetratorSA
Clan Tag: 69t

Return to Cheaters