Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently 26 Jun 2017, 08:53

The rapts scandal

Post your evidence of a cheater in here.

The rapts scandal

Postby Peekay » 10 Mar 2010, 22:57

Taken from: http://moralfibre.co.za/nerdmag/2010/01/14/quake-live-gets-serious/

Quake Live (http://www.quakelive.com) has become a pretty damn good past time any Quake fan. Whether you’re a little n00blet (like me) or one of South Africa’s best players, it is now one of the best places to go, simply because the servers are up 24/7 and you’ll almost always find someone to play with.

Of course with any online gaming community though, there will be some drama and the one that hit the Quake Live community this week should come with KABOOM! sign boards. One of the more well known players, Rapts (the leader of prolific clan NDC and known in the real world as Jerri Mperdempes), has been accused of cheating…and not just by anyone. His accusers are quite well known in the Quake Live community (in fact, they’ve kicked my ass a couple of times): Garth (Garth Jones) and Szarko (Micele Aleksandrov).

All in all, it’s a complicated issue and I don’t quite have the same finesse in these things as with the original article (http://gaming.do.co.za/articles/localne ... e_live.htm), but essentially it boils down to Rapts possibly using a wall hack (which can make the walls partially transparent) and an aim bot (this should be self explanatory but if you have questions about it, leave a comment). Garth and Szarko even managed to record what they call proof of Rapts cheating which can be viewed here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yX6RQQhRZM)

This might seem silly to some of you, but in this community, it’s a serious allegation. NDC, the clan that Rapts leads, is one of the best known clans in South Africa after having been around for a decade. These aren’t just any players, they are respected and some even compete on an international level. If an allegation like this proves to be true, there’s no way of knowing what effect it will have on the clan.

I think Szarko put it best:

“It’s just disrespectful. Plain and simple. It’s disrespectful to your opponents and your team mates. The guy is cheating and he leads a clan like NDC that has been around for a decade, which consists of respected players from the community,”

Meanwhile, Rapts claims that he has never cheated and that this is just a campaign by other players to ruin his good name. Poor lad. Hopefully he’s telling the truth and it’s just one big confuzzling misunderstanding.
Head Honcho.
Peekay

Quake Live Nick: peekay_za
Clan Tag: DKC

Re: The rapts scandal

Postby Gobz » 11 Mar 2010, 08:39

Nooooo O_o

OMFG how'd you find that?!?!
Gobz

Quake Live Nick: Gobz
Clan Tag: Many

Postby peTerp00n » 12 Mar 2010, 05:18

lol. hadnt heard of this scandal until now. i played against rapts a few times and he wasnt cheating against me. but i beat him so id expect him to get crushed by shase and azul. they are the ones complaining, just hope they arent making shit up.

on the other hand... how do you cheat in quake? ive never been able to find hax for quake so i thought it was impossible.
peTerp00n

Quake Live Nick: peTerp00n
Clan Tag: xtc

Postby Peekay » 12 Mar 2010, 10:42

Hax are out their Pete. Just gotta dig deep for them. It's the morality of the situation that keeps us all from using them.
Head Honcho.
Peekay

Quake Live Nick: peekay_za

Postby peTerp00n » 12 Mar 2010, 13:37

i wouldnt use them secretly to beat people, but id love to check it out and see how it works and play around. can anyone link me to working wall/aim hax for quakelive?
peTerp00n

Postby n0ble » 12 Mar 2010, 20:41

Cant say ive ever seen a wallhack in q3, but heres a demo of what aimbots can do.

http://www.2shared.com/file/12058316/f5 ... imbot.html

other than that, afaik, anything possible in the console is legal?
n0ble

Quake Live Nick: _n0ble_
Clan Tag: / xTc /

Postby n0ble » 12 Mar 2010, 20:42

nvm, setting your maxpackets below 30 was considered cheating last i checked...
n0ble

Quake Live Nick: _n0ble_
Clan Tag: / xTc /

Postby Flamebo » 16 Mar 2010, 01:43

There is no conclusive proof of him cheating. So we should give him the benefit of the doubt. I will say that the vid is VERY suspect. Some of which can't be explained by awesome sound and 10 years experience. Alot of the comments make sense too: |"53% rail accuracy even with players seeing him railing walls in order to make his accuracy lower." bvd.Vitrolic| |"His rail accuracy is rather high when compared to his terrible movement but he may just be an aim whore. I originally thought maybe he played against newbs... which would make it easier to getter better stats but when it was said that his stats improved against tougher opponents that makes it rather more suspect." "From my experience during OSP days, Aimbot was generally quite obvious and the "hacker" tended to use insta hit weapons a lot (RG, MG, LG)." supertrap| LG and RG being Rapts most used weapons. but with low sens, poor movement and high accuracy could be explained.

When did he start to use 2 nicks? Why? Was it when people noticed something? Im sure you would need practice with the aimbot and wallhax to make it look "real"?

The thing that makes me understand the reason why he would cheat is because all the really elite players joined his clan, thus fuelling a need to be on par with them, skill couldn’t fill the gap, hax had to. Imagine the pressure of owning a clan like NDC, you lost your touch, couldn't quite find your feet in the slightly different ql, etc... But by default you are the leader, and not at the skill level of the others. Do you then forfeit your position? Or cheat? V!S!ON: "Anywho, his raking is low so what gives?" Its not the rank that matters. It was his status as leader of NDC.
Flamebo

Quake Live Nick: Anim8xXxF1aMebo

Postby peTerp00n » 16 Mar 2010, 03:34

i recently watched a demo of me vs rapts. poor movement and strats and he was rail whoring me with godlike accuracy. like... the best railing in ZA. yet, i still beat him. how could he possibly be so good at aim and so mediocre at quake? aimbot certainly makes sense to me.

but i dont think its such a big deal anyway. maybe he was just bored.
peTerp00n

Postby Ferren » 17 Mar 2010, 15:46

I ask you all to bear in mind rapts is a OLD hand at FPS games, he's been everywhere and done it all for his clan.

I promise you virtually any good player will look suspect behind a wallhack overlay ontop of a recorded demo.

As for godlike railing please remember its virtually a hitscan weapon point n click is all it takes.
Ferren

Quake Live Nick: Ferren
Clan Tag: osb

Next

Return to Cheaters