Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 09:52

Clean up your Quake Live web interface

Discuss hints and tricks to getting the best out of your quake game!

Clean up your Quake Live web interface

Postby peTerp00n » 27 Mar 2010, 21:54

Hey guys,

This is what my quakelive.com looks like and I have a shortcut to launch it as a seperate process using Prism.

I know some of you could benefit from a cleaner, faster, minimalistic version of the Quake Live web interface with a stand alone launcher... so I wrote a little tutorial for ya'll.

1) Download the stand alone version of Prism from http://prism.mozillalabs.com/started/.

2) If my memory is correct... Extract somewhere and locate the file "\defaults\preferences\preferences.js". Edit that file in a text editor and find this line about 5th from the top and edit it to say:
Code: Select all
pref("general.useragent.extra.prism", "Firefox/3.0.1");

3) Now download this file: http://blog.brianquan.com/images/teramako-greasemonkey-0.8.20090123.1-prism.xpi

4) Run Prism.exe and point it to quakelive.com. Only tick "Show status messages and progress" and create a shortcut. Click OK and it should start up Quake Live with Prism.

5) Now click on the gears icon in the lower right corner of the window. Select "Tools/Add-ons...". Drag the downloaded .xpi file into the Add-ons window area. An installation prompt should pop up.

6) Once installed restart and click on the gears icon again. Select "Greasemonkey/Download User Script..." and enter the URL http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/55486.user.js for the text based sever list.

7) Repeat step 6 with this URL http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/62175.user.js to block the ads and unnecessary panels.

8) Repeat step 4 but untick everything if you want to remove the status bar at the bottom.

Thats it. Now enjoy a simpler, faster, better Quake Live ;)

PS I wrote this off the top of my head about a month later I apologize if it doesnt work first time. please provide feedback!
peTerp00n

Quake Live Nick: peTerp00n
Clan Tag: xtc

Re: Clean up your Quake Live web interface

Postby n0ble » 27 Mar 2010, 22:33

Ah, that would be nice. However no greasemonkey scripts are compatible with the browser Flock, which is odd because its based on Firefox..
n0ble

Quake Live Nick: _n0ble_
Clan Tag: / xTc /

Postby peTerp00n » 27 Mar 2010, 22:40

use prism
peTerp00n

Postby n0ble » 27 Mar 2010, 22:45

Well i just remembered that you couldnt install scripts on Flock, and you still cant afaik. So unless you know your way around that.. :P

im gonna try do it again now, ill let you know..
n0ble

Postby n0ble » 27 Mar 2010, 22:51

Nope, doesnt work. Step four is the first problem, it says that my browser is incompatible with QL, which is wrong :\ Then the script problem comes in... I dont really mind how it is atm, maybe when i move over to FF :P
n0ble

Postby peTerp00n » 28 Mar 2010, 14:10

n0ble wrote:Nope, doesnt work. Step four is the first problem, it says that my browser is incompatible with QL, which is wrong :\ Then the script problem comes in... I dont really mind how it is atm, maybe when i move over to FF :P

did you follow steps 1-3? quake live only works in 2 or 3 browsers afaik. it only works in prism if you tell prism to pretend it is firefox... which is step 2.
peTerp00n

Postby n0ble » 28 Mar 2010, 15:28

Yea, it works in 3 browsers. However Flock which i use is made on Firefox. Its just has added features. But prism cant see it like that. So QL works, just not through prism :P

My bad, meant to say step 3.. :P
n0ble

Postby Adrenalin » 28 Mar 2010, 15:39

It looks pretty nice and simple in the screenshot.
Will try it soon, how does that prism work exactly ? (would just like more detail on what it does and stuff, just curious)
Adrenalin

Quake Live Nick: AdrenalinZA

Return to Tech Talk