Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 06:46

Imperator vs Deathadder

Discuss hints and tricks to getting the best out of your quake game!

Imperator vs Deathadder

Postby Gobz » 16 Mar 2010, 14:34

The time has come for little Gobz to say goodbye to her faithful old Logitech P.O.S. and welcome in a new age of a mouse that will scare her half to death.

By all acounts the Deathadder would be fine for this but...as far as I can tell the Imperator is actually smaller than the Deathadder and would be more suited to small hands like moine?

Next up will be the keyboard discussion so thoughts are welcome there too. ;)
Gobz

Quake Live Nick: Gobz
Clan Tag: Many

Re: Imperator vs Deathadder

Postby fnx_za » 16 Mar 2010, 14:59

I dont quite like the Imperator and the DeathAdder, my housemate had a DeathAdder and I found a bit chunky, I also prefer a smaller flatter mouse which I can claw (I was using a mx310 for like 5 years).

Anyway I am now using the Salmosa, which is an awesome mouse, small, lightweight etc.

But there is a new one in that sort of mouse group, the Abyssus, which looks awesome.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razeru ... d.35208800

Only down side is that the Imperator has a slightly better engine, but I doubt one would actually notice the difference between the two, its not that vast.

edit: not to mention the Abyssus and Salmosa are great value for money, I got mine for R350 and the Abyssus will be in a similar price range. The death adder is about double that as im sure the Imperator will be
Last edited by fnx_za on 16 Mar 2010, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
fnx_za

Quake Live Nick: fnx_za
Clan Tag: xTc

Postby linkin » 16 Mar 2010, 15:04

I just bought an Imperator and i love it, i used to use a Logitech MX510 which i bought in 2003. It still works fine, but after 7 years i decided i needed an upgrade :P

I actually did ALOT of research into whether i should get a Deathadder or an Imperator, and came to the conclusion that the Imperator is a closer shape to the Logitech and its technically an "upgrade" from the Deathadder.
The main differences between the two is the shape, and the type of optics.
The Deathadder uses infrared and the Imperator uses a laser.

The problem with laser is that it has to be on the mousepad surface at all times. With my old mouse i used to lift it up ever so slightly during fast movements, but if i do that with the Imperator, the pointer doesnt move.

Also, a friend of mine recently upgraded his Logitech MX500 to the Deathadder and complained of an aching hand because the shape was so different. So it'll take much longer to get used to.
linkin
Site Admin

Quake Live Nick: linkinZA
Clan Tag: DKC

Postby Gobz » 16 Mar 2010, 18:07

Thanks dudes, it helps a ton to get someone elses perspective. <3
Gobz

Postby supertramp » 16 Mar 2010, 18:54

Razer Diamondback - My favourite mouse, small, smooth and ambidex. You can only get Lazer versions now, but my optical owned so hard. Using a Roccat now, also nice and small...perfect for fingertip play.

On a side note...when looking at mouses ignore the DPI shit they try shoving down your throat...having 5600 DPI does not a better mouse make. 1600 DPI is all you need, and a decent mouse pad.
supertramp

Quake Live Nick: supertramp

Postby peTerp00n » 16 Mar 2010, 19:38

i use a microsoft mouse wheel optical 1.1A which cost R90 incl delivery.

it works and dont really see what the benefit of upgrading would be. i dont think an extra trillion-billion dpi is going to make any difference.

so i say its a good mouse at a good price.
peTerp00n

Quake Live Nick: peTerp00n
Clan Tag: xtc

Postby Gobz » 16 Mar 2010, 21:27

Naah it's not the DPI (do you honestly think I know what this even means? :P) it's actually mainly the shape I'm used to and what fits in my wittle hand. By all accounts the Imperator is supposed to be that :/
Gobz

Postby n0ble » 16 Mar 2010, 23:11

Dpi - dots per square inch. Comes down to laser precision. Kinda like having a higher resolution, doesnt make things easier to click on..

I suggest you go to the shop and test them out yourself..
n0ble

Quake Live Nick: _n0ble_
Clan Tag: / xTc /

Postby peTerp00n » 17 Mar 2010, 01:37

if its the shape you're used to you want then keep what you've got :p otherwise ye try some other mice and buy one and get used to it.
peTerp00n

Quake Live Nick: peTerp00n
Clan Tag: xtc

Postby Gobz » 17 Mar 2010, 08:48

n0bles shoosh you, gettiing all technical and shizz. You've gotta teach me defrag and that's all :P

p00n I would loooooove to keep it, if it wasn't being twitchy. And looking ugly.
Gobz

Next

Return to Tech Talk