Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently 28 Jun 2017, 10:57

any ideas for a mousepad?

Discuss hints and tricks to getting the best out of your quake game!

any ideas for a mousepad?

Postby saturnz » 06 Jun 2011, 11:13

I was using the xtreme cloth mousepad for quite sometime and I was very happy with it...until I lost it three weeks ago.

If you are wondering how one loses a mousepad, I often travel between the suburbs and the CBD and most likely missplaced it during one of these treks.

Anyway since then I've been using a newspaper. I went to some computer shops but they do not sell decent mousepads, often only A5 in size. It is also quite dissapointing that manufacturers of high end gaming mice do not sell the mice with a mousepad but prefer to sell it with a game or keyboard.

What do you people recommend as a pad and where can I get it, also what do you use? Bare in mind my sensitivity is 20 with the default mouse acceleration, so I prefer a little bit of friction (which is why I'm using the newspaper).

I'm currently using a MX510 mouse.
saturnz

Quake Live Nick: saturnz

Re: any ideas for a mousepad?

Postby EnRiCo » 06 Jun 2011, 21:59

go to nearest shop,ask for any cigarette advertisement pad,works great as a mousepad and is quite big
EnRiCo

Quake Live Nick: EnRiCo420
Clan Tag: l2k.

Postby NOOBz » 07 Jun 2011, 11:44

If you have some spare cash to burn I can highly recommend the Razer Goliathus mouse pads. I use the big one (45cm x 20 something cm). First mouse pad that worked for me. Unfortunately a bit pricey.
NOOBz

Quake Live Nick: J4X
Clan Tag: oTc

Postby Adrenalin » 07 Jun 2011, 11:46

get a goliathus speed mousepad, and its fine for low sensitivity. just order online, its easy
Adrenalin

Quake Live Nick: AdrenalinZA

Postby saturnz » 14 Jun 2011, 12:10

okay I've been using a newspaper now for sometime and I actually have gotten used to it so I doubt I will be considering a mousepad soon.

I just have to figure out how to stop it from moving when I move the mouse.
saturnz

Postby n0ble » 15 Jun 2011, 21:42

lol, tape? prestik? :P

tbh i wish i had one of those razer mousepads those bastards from Bravado have. Its nice and thick so when youre playing on an uneven surface, you dont feel the bumps. Makes a difference. Ideally you want a pad that you dont know is there.

Go to a tile shop and get one from there. They work damn well.
n0ble

Quake Live Nick: _n0ble_
Clan Tag: / xTc /

Postby saturnz » 04 Nov 2011, 09:53

I found my mousepad!

It was camouflaged in my car, laying on the passenger floor mat. My car was actually away from me for about three months but when it was returned I looked at the passenger floor and saw "extreme gaming pad" and thought thats odd, and when I looked closer I realised it was my mousepad.

Although it was a seamless switch from the mousepad to the newspaper and back to the mousepad in terms of performance, I feel much more comfortable using the mousepad.
saturnz

Return to Tech Talk