• No birthdays today
  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests
  • It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 01:34

Quake Live Defraging

Quake modification in here.

Quake Live Defraging

Postby Adrenalin » 29 Mar 2010, 15:16

Quake Live Defraging

I made a forum post on Quake Live Defraging on the Ventus site a few weeks ago, now i am moving in 1 days time, and since i am moving i will have to wait for telkom to install my new adsl line. So can someone take over from what i started on that site, just make a comment on Quake Live Defraging and post the best timings of each run with a demo file and so on, you can even take over from what i did there and continue it here. Hope it helps some of you new players out with strafing in Quake.

Have fun
Adrenalin

Quake Live Nick: AdrenalinZA

Re: Quake Live Defraging

Postby n0ble » 29 Mar 2010, 15:39

Hehe, thanks for the link. Organising records is a tricky thing to do, fortunately we dont have too big a community which makes it a little easier. What would be nice would be a simpler version of the mDd online records site:

http://www.q3df.org/rankings

Unfortunately our community size doesnt quite qualify for that kind of professionalism. Maybe if peekay is bored sometime :P

Ill try start by making a new topic that has all our records in it, with another topic for ppl to posts their times.

gl getting telkom to offer timely services :P
n0ble

Quake Live Nick: _n0ble_
Clan Tag: / xTc /

Postby n0ble » 29 Mar 2010, 15:40

One thing that needs to be sorted out is the difference between QL and defrag times. Is it worth starting a seperate post for QL times? considering we cant exactly time every map properly..
n0ble

Postby Adrenalin » 29 Mar 2010, 18:55

n0ble wrote:One thing that needs to be sorted out is the difference between QL and defrag times. Is it worth starting a seperate post for QL times? considering we cant exactly time every map properly..

Thanks, and yes it is worth it, the timing works perfectly for Quake Live, you just need to be in TDM mode, also maps that where made for q3 and converted for Quake Live doesn't really count as QL Defrag maps since the movement is different in both games, and you sort of mess your movement up if you play in between the two. As for the timing it works perfectly like i said before, just go in TDM mode and it will time the capture times of the flags. I use a bind to make it easier for me, my bind looks like this ( bind alt "map_restart; wait 10; record defrag" ), and when i have a nice timing on the map that i like i will just rename the defrag demo file to the map name with the timings i got at the end :D
Adrenalin

Postby n0ble » 29 Mar 2010, 20:00

hmm im guessing most map makers add capture times into their maps.. Also, dont you mean ctf? not sure what timer tdm has :P

Guess you dont have to differentiate between physics modes in QL so it isnt as complex.. thanks :P
n0ble

Postby peTerp00n » 29 Mar 2010, 21:07

rad... gonna check this out! give me 3 maps to start with.
peTerp00n

Quake Live Nick: peTerp00n
Clan Tag: xtc

Postby n0ble » 29 Mar 2010, 23:11

3 QL maps? how bout coldrun, tow1f and glt2.. If you dont have ill upload them.. :)
n0ble

Postby peTerp00n » 29 Mar 2010, 23:53

i dont have them.
peTerp00n

Quake Live Nick: peTerp00n
Clan Tag: xtc

Postby n0ble » 30 Mar 2010, 07:15

Well i had to download a huge map pack, but heres the individual maps, to save you some bandwidth :P assuming youre not uncapped.

Coldrun - http://jump.fm/AGWEL

Glt1 - http://jump.fm/INNOW

Glt2 - http://jump.fm/WQQNS

Tow1f - http://jump.fm/LSPDD

Ill add some dfwc maps later, but i think theyre a tad hard for QL..
n0ble

Postby Adrenalin » 30 Mar 2010, 14:09

haha, ye i ment to say CTF not TDM :shock:
Adrenalin

Next

Return to MODS