Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests
  • It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 07:43

QLZA Quake Live Tournament! Date POLL added.

Request clan matches in here.

What date would you prefer for the comp?

11 APRIL
47%
18 APRIL
16%
25 APRIL
37%

Total votes : 19

QLZA Quake Live Tournament! Date POLL added.

Postby komme » 17 Mar 2010, 01:33

QLZA Quake Live Tournament!

As the first mint cup passed, we saw some incredible games, with a great turnout. There were some humps with certain issues such as servers(which are out of our hands unfortunately) and some other typical first time loose ends. Now we're back with some more action, this time with a bit more spunk!

As I am no longer part of the mint organization, I've changed the name to QLZA, which will be hosted in collaboration with http://www.quakelive.za. Creating a more flexible and interactive platform for the tournament.

THERE HAS BEEN MANY REQUESTS TO MAKE THE DATE LATER. PLEASE VOTE FOR THE DATE IN THE POLL.

The structure :

The event will be a Best of Three, Double Elimination tournament. Whereas the Grand Final will be a set of 2 Best Of 5's.

There are 32 spots up for grabs, first come first serve. 1 Division, 1 Winner.

The maps

qztourney9
ztntourney1
qzdm6
qztourney7
qzdm13

The Details :

I will modify the old detailed post and I'll set it up this coming Saturday. I'm also pleased to inform you that the coin toss system has been changed, ie. Winner Elims first, Winner Picks first as a teaser.

Registrations close at 8PM on friday, whereafer I will set up the brackets and post them Saturday morning together with the final rule set.

Registrations will be done on http://www.quakelive.co.za, instructions will be given to you.

There will not be an official seeding system, but I will cater for the top 5.

There's going to be a poll set up on http://www.quakelive.co.za to vote for your favourite player to be shoutcasted, as there will be shoutcastings going on throughout the whole tournament for those of you who enjoy the recent IEM4 Global Final.

There will also be pre-tournament interviews as well as mid-tournament and afterwards, so make sure you have a working version of Teamspeak 3, the details of the server, channel and times will be given to you on Saturday!

I also CANNOT stress more that people need to give me their suggestions, this is after all a tournament for the community, by the community.

I am in negotiations with certain interests in the tournament, whom will hopefully supply us with proper bandwidth and some prizes for the hard earners!

I hope to see as many of you as possible, let the fragging begin!

Kind Regards, Alwyn “komme/park1n/zdrag/SilencE/insertnickname” Kotze!
komme

Quake Live Nick: komme
Clan Tag: DG

Re: QLZA Quake Live Tournament!

Postby peTerp00n » 17 Mar 2010, 01:46

rad... im keen. it would also be cool to have a 2v2 tourney where an extra 4 ppl join the server to keep it full so that ppl cant interrupt the games.
peTerp00n

Quake Live Nick: peTerp00n
Clan Tag: xtc

Postby fnx_za » 17 Mar 2010, 02:00

awesome!
fnx_za

Quake Live Nick: fnx_za
Clan Tag: xTc

Postby GluonZA » 17 Mar 2010, 10:09

Excellent!

Should also look at doing a TDM Tournament somewhere down the line. The more clans the merrier.
GluonZA

Quake Live Nick: GluonZA

Postby peTerp00n » 17 Mar 2010, 13:48

ye it would encourage people to start/join/recruit clans. the more clans of 4 members the more team games we can play :)
peTerp00n

Quake Live Nick: peTerp00n
Clan Tag: xtc

Postby LinchpiN » 17 Mar 2010, 15:10

Cool, I'm keen.
I agree with the others of a need for tdm tourneys. Maybe one weekend have a duel tourney the next weekend have a tdm tourney.

Also I would like to suggest. For the sake of the community in needing more tourneys more often.

Have a few people who have turns running the tourney's. Just keep it like last tourney where everyone has to report to a quake channel for the comp, if they not there when they should be its a forfeit.

All the guy runing the tourney needs after that is just comp master installed on his pc and a place to upload screengrabs from comp master.
LinchpiN

Quake Live Nick: Linchpin
Clan Tag: s3c8

Postby fnx_za » 17 Mar 2010, 15:21

Cool so, when/where do we register :p
fnx_za

Quake Live Nick: fnx_za
Clan Tag: xTc

Re: QLZA Quake Live Tournament! Date moved.

Postby pacman » 17 Mar 2010, 17:21

sick, im keen yo :D
pacman

Quake Live Nick: pacmanza
Clan Tag: DKC

Postby n0ble » 17 Mar 2010, 19:13

Now this is awesome. How long exactly would the tourney be going on for? Would be nice if i could allocate a few days towards it. Wouldnt want anything to get in the way..

And pacman, where did you get your sig? did you do it yourself?
n0ble

Quake Live Nick: _n0ble_
Clan Tag: / xTc /

Postby n0ble » 17 Mar 2010, 19:15

nvm pac, found it :P
n0ble

Quake Live Nick: _n0ble_
Clan Tag: / xTc /

Next

Return to Match Setup