Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 06:10

Getting banned from QL?

All Quake related discussion in here.

Getting banned from QL?

Postby themuffinman » 20 Sep 2012, 21:44

Recently there's been a spate of bans being handed out - like fascism is Id Software's new hobby. This is the result of a wave of whingers cropping up in-game who demand you play the game their way or they'll report you.

These bans will lock your account, ban your IP address, MAC address and hard-drive ID. These are, however, easy to get around.

If you feel unjustly banned, don't waste your time and effort trying to convince Hitler there in customer services to reverse your ban... rather PM me here or email me at djdacosta86 at yahoo dot co dot uk and I'll set you in the right direction.

Regards,
themuffinman
themuffinman

Quake Live Nick: changes often!

Re: Getting banned from QL?

Postby mdma » 15 Oct 2012, 11:50

who demand u that u must play the game their way?
mdma

Quake Live Nick: b0t

Postby NOOBz » 30 Oct 2012, 10:18

LOL, I also got banned.

First a 3 day temp ban, for spamming the server. After that I basically shut my mouth...how surprized I was when I got perma banned a week later....and I didn't even do anything stupid!

I had a good chat with id support and they lifted the perma ban :D

Long story short, I think I know who the idiot is that runs off to id every time something irritates him.

This guy show grow up and stop trying to play god. He must understand that not everyone playing QL are "purists". Some play it for the social and fun aspect and nothing more. He should accept that the human race consists out of more than 1 personality type, not just his own. Even better, why doesn't he just and go back to playing Counter Strike.

What he also doesn't realize is that he is damaging the overall QL community. Man oh man, QL was so much fun 2 years ago; even a year ago it wasn't that bad. But recently, you gotta watch what you say or some kid will take offense.

GROW UP!

:D
NOOBz

Quake Live Nick: J4X
Clan Tag: oTc

Postby mdma » 30 Oct 2012, 12:54

well yeah maybe he should grow up.... but maybe u shouldnt be spamming? it goes both ways

if he should grow up, u should grow up as well?

and ID wont put in a command that auto kicks people if they flood the servers for nothing. so the spamming can be annoying
mdma

Postby NOOBz » 30 Oct 2012, 14:36

You are quite correct. It was unfortunate that I flooded the server, once in my 3 years of playing, for like 5 seconds. I received a temporary suspension, accepted it and dealt with it! I hardly need to grow up...
Secondly, I wasn't really affected by this ban fest, several other good folk were. Guys who were never racist, unfair or rude; good folk who played a game, because it was a game.

Also note, this particular individual made it his mission to ban individuals. When the banned individuals came back with alts, as soon as he discovered who they were, they would get banned again...and again...and again!
He could have just blocked the persons and be done with it.

This person should stop being so destructive, it's childish.

So muff, when are you coming back for moarrr ARRRRRR??? :D

Cheers.
Jax.
NOOBz

Quake Live Nick: J4X
Clan Tag: oTc

Postby saturnz » 05 Nov 2012, 12:04

I suppose its easier if you just dont interact with anyone.

You can't be banned for just playing the game.
saturnz

Quake Live Nick: saturnz

Postby mdma » 08 May 2013, 10:00

The most ironic thing out of all this is... CS, WoW, Dota 2 (i assume), Starcraft 2 (i assume) ban players for haxing, shit attitude etc?

But on QL they make it as if ID broke the number 1 rule in the world, dont ban people who is playing online games. And those people who get supposedly banned shouldve read the terms and conditions first before registering...

As for muffinman getting banned, that just cause someone purely hate, dislike him and have a personal issues with him. Why else would he get banned on 10+ accounts?

Same goes for a55hole...

COMEBACK MUFFINMAN WE NEEDS YOU IN QUAKELIVE!!!!!! AND <3 U

But i guess it should be a warning for us all then? For those who cant use google here: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/faq.php
mdma

Postby Goat_ » 15 May 2013, 08:33

MuffinMan was an irritating player but i dont ever think he hacked.

Please post what tools can be used to spoof all the relevant MAC Addresses, HDD serials / volume numbers, and other banable devices.

I was able to get around the ban for a while but now they have found something else to ban me by. Even while i am using a proxy.
Goat_

Quake Live Nick: Goat_
Clan Tag: xTc

Postby mdma » 15 May 2013, 11:53

Muffinman wasn't an irritating player. If you're saying thats why he was banned?
Then we might as well ban every single person that plays QuakeLive.

Cause that is the most pathetic, dumbest, meaningless reason known to humankind.
mdma

Return to General Discussion