Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 17:47

People who smurf

All Quake related discussion in here.

Re: People who smurf

Postby n0ble » 05 Oct 2011, 14:54

I dont mind smurfs. But i play ql because its social. I can play bots if i really wanted to play with people whos names meant nothing to me.

The problem with smurfs is when theyre being pricks because no one knows who they are, and because they ruin the shuffle system, and because they ruin the game for noobs who arent too familiar with quake. You can generally tell who to avoid in a game if they have a known clan tag or if they just seem to know more than most players about the game.

Idk, i have my own issues when playing with ppl who meaningless names. Its just as annoying for me when im killed by a smurf as it is when i fall off the map. Thats just me.

If people smurf, they should at least keep using that smurf so that people eventually know kinda what they can do.
n0ble

Quake Live Nick: _n0ble_
Clan Tag: / xTc /

Postby NOOBz » 06 Oct 2011, 19:03

Just had a long argument with ol' pencil in game about smurfing.

He is definitely a smurf. That's for sure.

Also, If you want to change your nick, do it and get it over with. but don't hide behind it and don't switch accounts.

I play this game for the social aspect of it and like making friends. Smurfing kills that aspect, especially when the smurfs have hidden agendas (to stir shit etc).

So Pencil, if you're reading this, stick with one nick. I also don't care what you call yourself, I'd just like to know which games to avoid by looking whether "pencil" is in game or not, because frankly, your attitude stinks hey.
NOOBz

Quake Live Nick: J4X
Clan Tag: oTc

Postby saturnz » 07 Oct 2011, 10:59

pencil is freetarget I think

but yeah he is a bit of a sore loser, after rage quiting a few times in duels against me he now simply avoids playing me.
saturnz

Quake Live Nick: saturnz

Postby Peekay » 08 Oct 2011, 00:21

Wish I could even claim to have been smurfing the last few weeks. Been rough couple of weeks with work.

Anyway I find it rather fun taking guesses at the smurfs identity via way of their playing styles.
Head Honcho.
Peekay

Quake Live Nick: peekay_za
Clan Tag: DKC

Postby S1ck » 13 Oct 2011, 11:23

G0mbit = Slickza
S1ck

Quake Live Nick: S1ckSty1e

Postby saturnz » 13 Oct 2011, 11:25

I don't think gombit is slickza

I think its a person from the DR clan, his behaviour seems consistent with a person from that clan.
saturnz

Postby S1ck » 13 Oct 2011, 12:35

Well. Exact same ping.

G0mbit spams a bind "Like a BAUWS!" or sumting. He leaves server. Next thing slick joins. exact same bind pops up. Has exact same ping. Idk. Could be wrong.
S1ck

Postby saturnz » 13 Oct 2011, 13:21

possible, but in my view slickZA is pretty strong whereas gombit I beat on a regular basis.

Infact I can't recall the last time I lost to gombit.
saturnz

Postby S1ck » 13 Oct 2011, 14:29

/Ramblings Ahead.

PERHAPS. He plays more laid back/noobish on the other account as he wouldnt want people to know who he really is. Where as on his 'main' account he would play more aggressive/use tactics etc.

This is of course assuming its him.
S1ck

Postby saturnz » 13 Oct 2011, 14:32

I seriously doubt he is sandbagging especially considering the rage he expresses after the games.
saturnz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion