• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 11:15

People who smurf

All Quake related discussion in here.

Re: People who smurf

Postby saturnz » 22 Nov 2011, 13:10

You said

"its a game who cares about stats"

I put forward to you that in most games stats matter unless you can show otherwise.
saturnz

Quake Live Nick: saturnz

Postby mdma » 22 Nov 2011, 14:47

well now just by giving me that answer shows you care about stats too? or am i wrong.

and why on earth should i care about gaming stats? does it pay my taxes? does it buy me a car? does it buy me lollipops?

unless the stats can buy me those things then it matters, if it cant we have nothing more to discuss...
mdma

Quake Live Nick: b0t

Postby saturnz » 22 Nov 2011, 18:02

If you wish to improve in certain aspects of life then you need some sort of measurement to see whether you are indeed improving.

The stats in Quake although not accurate will provide some sort of reflection of whether indeed you are improving or not however the way the rating system works will mean that smurfs will seriously undermine the rating system making it almost impossible to identify whether you are improving or not.

If you wish to disagree with that then you are free to do so.
saturnz

Postby mdma » 28 Dec 2011, 18:31

thx for showing me u care about those precious winning / loosing stats and aiming stats not to mention those rankings aswell

and this is probably the first thing u said that is actually 100% right "If you wish to disagree with that then you are free to do so."
mdma

Postby REDLiNE » 04 Jan 2012, 10:52

Yo yo,

At the end of the day so what if you get smurfers, just play the game and you will increase XP.... I rem when i first started Q3 I came from a UT99/2k4 background, ppl were raping me left right and centre, spawn raping etc....but as soon as you frag a pro it kinda motivates you to keep trying and before you know it you and this "pro" or almost on the same level...now look I'm not saying I'm a pro coz im not, but fragging pro's IN CA is good fun...sometimes they the ones that quit because they're too n00b for CA... let's face it ppl who are PRO see themselves as a good duler...fair enuff...but IF YOU ARE A PRO THEN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY CA NO PROBLEM (same rule as a good driver can drive any car)....no excuses from PRO's saying "CA IS FOR NOOBS" and then rage quits, I believe you can be PRO at any game mode in QL...so if you SUCK at a game mode...then YOU ARE noob and if you ragequit then you're just a loser, in my eyes a PRO has to have good sportmanship....so to all you PROs who think you are PROS and hate getting raped by "n00bs" as you call them...just know you are getting raped because you are n00b and not PRO at CA....just accept it and play the game.!

Hope this makes sense...i kidna rushed this :P

for those who don't know, I use to be iN-Gozzy on Q3/RA3/UT :)
REDLiNE

Quake Live Nick: REDLiNE_ZA
Clan Tag: HK.

Postby saturnz » 05 Jan 2012, 08:23

There are no pros on the servers. We are all amateurs.

Pros get paid to do what they do, receive sponsorships, contracts and so forth.
saturnz

Postby mdma » 05 Jan 2012, 12:42

u should go and do some research...

strenx is curretly without a clan and all those things and is pro
zero4 doesnt have clan and those things either and is pro
noctis doesnt play for a clan either and he is pro..

should i continue?
mdma

Postby saturnz » 05 Jan 2012, 14:14

My post was in direct reaction to redline's post when he was referring to pros, so I suppose what matters now is who redline was referring to when he used the term "pro", was he referring to people you mentioned or people who are playing on South African servers.
saturnz

Postby REDLiNE » 05 Jan 2012, 15:44

Lol... i was actually referring to our own "Pro Dualers" who cant stand losing in CA match.

:P
REDLiNE

Quake Live Nick: REDLiNE_ZA
Clan Tag: HK.

Postby NOOBz » 10 Jan 2012, 10:09

Lol Saturnz,

In the general gaming communities, the term "Pro" is used loosely to describe a player who is very good at a game (or just "much better than me or the rest of us"). It's not used to indicate that the person is a Professional Gamer.
NOOBz

Quake Live Nick: J4X
Clan Tag: oTc

Previous

Return to General Discussion