Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 04:33

unsportsmanlike behaviour by me

All Quake related discussion in here.

unsportsmanlike behaviour by me

Postby saturnz » 23 Mar 2011, 13:47

so I have been accused of bad sportsmanship on the Quakelive servers. I find this extremely amusing given the abuse I received on the previous mweb servers.

other people have also taken issue with me, and I can't quite understand why.

Is it because they feel they are important and need to be treated like they are important?

If you want to experience good sporting behaviour, join a bowling club. And if you simply find me annoying, just don't play me or ignore me, life is simple that way.
saturnz

Quake Live Nick: saturnz

Re: unsportsmanlike behaviour by me

Postby n0ble » 23 Mar 2011, 21:55

And if you want to play on a server where ppl wont bitch about your bad sportsmanship, then stop playing online games.
n0ble

Quake Live Nick: _n0ble_
Clan Tag: / xTc /

Postby saturnz » 24 Mar 2011, 06:08

I am fully aware of the choices that are available to me.

However I seriously doubt others are aware of the choices available to them.
saturnz

Postby Serpent » 24 Mar 2011, 14:28

want a tissue for your issue ?
Serpent

Quake Live Nick: Serpent

Postby NOOBz » 24 Mar 2011, 16:04

I can only speak for myself of course.
No issue with u mate, just your occasional laggyness that is a little frustrating, but I guess there's not much you can do about that.

Nothing more irritating that an enemy fragging you when you cannot hit him back. Not your fault I'm sure.

Anways, that's just my 2 rails.
NOOBz

Quake Live Nick: J4X
Clan Tag: oTc

Postby LavAzza » 04 Apr 2011, 19:23

This is such a cute story. TELL IT TO READERS DIGEST
LavAzza

Quake Live Nick: LavAzza

Postby void » 04 Apr 2011, 19:39

Hey Saturnz,

I personally think that when u duel someone specifically in quake, its just general courtesy to say Gl /HF, GG. Even if the game sucked ass, or wasn't good etc, everyone generally says it out of good sportsmanship.

Online gaming is a Cyber Sport and i think it has similar disciplines to general sports, for example, simply shaking hands at the end of say a cricket game, or soccer game etc.

It holds all kinds of bad connotations when a player simply doesn't reply to you when u say GG.
Try changing this and i know my issue with you will go away already, Unless you simply don't care :shock:
In the event that you really don't care, don't expect others to suddenly like you :|

Hope to duel you soon
void

Quake Live Nick: v4void

Postby NOOBz » 04 Apr 2011, 22:29

After reading this the first time I made a point of greeting you in game boet and never ever do you say hi...to anyone....ever. At some point I even asked the whole bunch to say hi to you (and they did) but still nothing.

Dunno if you're going through a rough patch in life or what, but do say hi man.

Peace.
NOOBz

Quake Live Nick: J4X
Clan Tag: oTc

Postby saturnz » 05 Apr 2011, 09:03

@ void

If you wish to draw conclusions about the way a person was reared by their mother because they don't speak to you, that is your problem and not mine.

You made the point that I was raging because I wasn't speaking to you. Infact I was busy posting on a different forum discussing cars. Also when the game started, you will notice that you managed to get the mega and lightning gun despite me spawning by the lightning gun, this is because I was still browsing the forum when you joined and readied, and I was trying to maximise the screen. If you do not believe me feel free to browse the fordstowners forum and you can check the timestamps in the thread, you will notice I was active just before and after the game we played.

Also my mother is deceased, making what you had to say last night extremely disrespectful, how is that good sportsmanship?

Andy why do I have to change my behaviour so that you will no longer have an issue with me or that people on the servers will like me? Why is any of that important given your blatant disrespect to my mother?
saturnz

Postby Gobz » 05 Apr 2011, 12:32

Saturnz people are coming forward and trying to help you understand the issue. Some might have by offering friendly suggestions (not sure about in game, but that's the case here anyway) and you cast those suggestions off because it's just a game or whatever the issue may be.

If you honestly didn't give a toss, I don't understand why you would have started this post in the first place but since you're intent on having us believe that then so be it, carry on with the bad attitude, I assure you it won't be affecting any of our lives.
Gobz

Quake Live Nick: Gobz
Clan Tag: Many

Next

Return to General Discussion