• No birthdays today
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest
  • It is currently 25 Jun 2017, 12:32

unsportsmanlike behaviour by me

All Quake related discussion in here.

Re: unsportsmanlike behaviour by me

Postby saturnz » 05 Apr 2011, 13:25

@ Gobz

My initial post was an observation and not really a complaint. I found it amusing how people would over react simply because I choose not to say anything and thats why I never bothered replying much to further posts in this thread.

However, going ahead and then insulting my late mother because I do not say anything is a totally different matter, and this coming from someone who wants to lecture me about what being a good sportsman is and is not. If being a good sportsman involves that kind of behaviour, then I definitely do not want to be a good sportsman.

If you follow the games I play and the interactions I have with people, abuse is directed to me just about everyday without me reacting because I do not care, but yet people expect me to behave in a sportsman like manner but they do not exhibit these qualities, its basically hypocrisy. Please note that I do no consider typing out a few letters before and after a game to be good sporting behaviour.

I've been playing Quake online for years and this issue has only come up recently, and thats why I posted the thread because its quite new and amusing to me to be questioned about my sportmanship- or lack thereof.

Also I find it difficult to treat people in a sporting manner who I have not met in person. The use of smurfs make it difficult to differentiate between players and thus difficult to exercise good sporting behaviour- a guy using one nick now may decide to throw verbal abuse using a different nick later- how am I supposed to know the difference? and why should I invest the effort to make that distinction?

I speak to draven and mobyfish because I have met them and I speak to peterpoon because we chat on IRC, however none of you I have met or can attach a face to, so you all are just green enemymodels that I try to frag as many times as possible.
saturnz

Quake Live Nick: saturnz

Postby Gobz » 05 Apr 2011, 14:18

Well you can happily observe you are not alone and are a short lived fad. Next week someone else will come along to be the next "irritating" and "unsportsmanlike" entity. We haven't had a hacker in a while so that might be a nice change.

Greeting people if they say hi though wouldn't hurt. Even if you don't know them. It'll certainly give people a better perception of you if that's what you would like, but meh, whatever.
Gobz

Quake Live Nick: Gobz
Clan Tag: Many

Postby saturnz » 05 Apr 2011, 14:55

Thats the spirit, consider me a passing fad or non existant, I would be perfectly happy with that.

However, I will not be happy with people insulting my late mother, atleast have the decency to tell that to my face instead of behind a computer keyboard.

Thats just coward.
saturnz

Postby n0ble » 05 Apr 2011, 17:44

lol, lets not hype saturnz up too much. Just play the game and leave his mother alone :P
n0ble

Quake Live Nick: _n0ble_
Clan Tag: / xTc /

Postby StaTriX » 08 Apr 2011, 09:54

^ Agreed. This isn't days of our lives. This whole arguement seems generally unnecessary. <3
StaTriX

Quake Live Nick: StaTriX

Postby themuffinman » 09 Apr 2011, 15:33

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.post ... us_cat.jpg

Edit: goddamnit why do these forums have to be so narrow :/
Ends up cutting any image you upload.
themuffinman

Quake Live Nick: changes often!

Postby mdma » 28 Dec 2011, 18:34

a dumb thread by a dumb person? i just have to
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mdma

Quake Live Nick: b0t

Postby fragtion » 21 Jun 2013, 15:44

saturnz with all due respect, how is he supposed to know that your mother is deceased? Shouldn't you have enough maturity to pick up the fact that he's trying to prove a distinct separate point by using that analogy, rather than actually dissing your biological mother directly? Don't you think it's a bit swak to turn the facts of your private life onto him in an effort to make him feel guilty? I mean, did you not ask yourself: "What point would it serve in the context of this thread, if he was actually dissing my mother?" - surely if he was, that would be clear for all of us to see, and we would rightly disassociate ourselves from that behaviour. But that's not what happened - that's a non-sequitur - and in fact, rather than succeeding in shifting the blame of "bad etiquette" onto him as you've clearly tried to do, it seems all you've actually managed to accomplish is further convince us all of how disturbingly inconsiderate, disrespectful, selfish, and perhaps even stupid you are. Perhaps its time you change your tune a little bit. Most of us have a lot of patience and are willing to change our tune towards you, but perhaps you need to realise that the odds are against you first. It's not a co-incidence that virtually everyone shares the same view of your character and behavior - it's a natural reacion - a reaction to the way YOU choose to behave. Right now you are not the innocent victim -- quite the contrary, in fact...
fragtion

Quake Live Nick: fragtion
Clan Tag: aZure

Postby saturnz » 21 Jun 2013, 16:47

if he doesn't know, he shouldn't be making remarks as if he does. Do I insult you, make racist remarks? make reference to your stupidity or religion? what exactly have I told you that in anyway disrespects you Fragtion? Do you have proof of the statements that I made?

I have it on record that m4nimal acknowledged that he tried to bait me to get a reaction, so your logic is, insult the man as much as possible because we are entirely justified to do so because he says nothing. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I'm guessing where you come from it does.

and by the way, this topic is dated, what happened then does not inform my views now
saturnz

Previous

Return to General Discussion